Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Quick Update

Haven't been updating as much as I'd like, but I've been hella busy lately with baseball starting, school, and work.

A little update on me, I quit my job. No more folding fucking clothes and opening boxes at the mall, I'm planning on spending my summer partying with friends, playing baseball, and taking a serious shot and building a nice bankroll to make a living off of. My goal is to make the top 90% on PocketFives TLB, although I think I'm capable of higher I decided to set a reasonable goal. I want to do that and have at least 20k in my br by the time school starts again. Right now my active roll is chillin around 6 or 7k after I've taken a little out to save and obv. had the losses I've talked about here.

I have been playing the 105 and 55 Turbo SNGS on Tilt and Stars lately, and I'm running like absolute shit. Honestly, if my money goes in the middle, I am not winning. It's just variance and it's part of the life I've chosen so that's fine with me, but that doesn't make it suck any less when you're just at that spot where JJ is not fading A6 and KK runs into AA more than should be possible. Very unfortunate, and dealing with this swing is my main goal right now.

I think I'm doing ok with it, I'm not panicking or questioning my abilities at all, although I am considering stepping down one level since this downswing has taken a considerable chunk out of my roll. Most likely I'm going to go back to playing the tourneys I played before my recent successes. I'm rejoining the FCP Rebuy Micro Brewery crew that plays the 3r and 5r every night, as I haven't taken part in those tourneys in quite awhile. I'm also going to move down to the 30 and 33 Turbo SNGS just until I get my groove back. I should be able to fade my downswing much better there, as I think the considerably lower level of play will allow me more maneuvering room and my bankroll will not be hurt quite as much. I'm down a good 3k in the last 3 weeks and that's not fun for obvious reasons.

The FCP Heads-Up Championship for May is starting up tonight, and the guys and I have got it all ready. I drew the shittiest and toughest bracket in the tourney, facing off with Gibler in the first round. My bracket also has Fluffdog, MoneyInBag, Rurtis, KevinJA8, Doublemeup, and the Stein. That's shitty and whomever comes out of this bracket is going to deserve the win no matter what happens in the final four, in my opinion.

Ok, that's just a quick update, I'll hopefully be back soon for more. I'm off to play my match with Gibler and hopefully take down some cash tonight, back to the MTTS this week!!!

Whaddya hear, whaddya say!!???,
Jesse

No comments: